E-commerce Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale. This legal notice applies to all purchases made by you through the website under the domain name www.perfumista.co.uk (the “Site”). By offering to purchase products through the Site you are entering into an agreement with Perfumista & Co (henceforth referred to as “Perfumista”) on the terms and conditions set out below, or Perfumista & Co.
1. Products Specifications on the Site of the products to be supplied by Perfumista & Co are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of the products. Perfumista & Co reserves the right to make any changes in the specification necessary to comply with any applicable legal requirements and to change the specification published on the Site provided that this does not materially affect the quality or performance of the products. Perfumista & Co warrants the products will substantially comply with their description. In all other respects, and to the maximum extent permissible, Perfumista & Co makes no other warranties or promises about the products, and any implied warranties are excluded.
2. Availability, Prices and Information. Perfumista & Co does not promise that products are necessarily available, and all products are offered for sale subject to availability. The price of the products shall be the price listed on the Site on the date of your order (inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery charges which are payable by you). All prices displayed on the Site are quoted in UK Pounds Sterling and must be paid in full, including delivery charges, except where discounts are offered as detailed on the Site.
3. Ordering. When you click on the [Submit Order] button on the [Check Your Order] page Perfumista & Co will treat the order as an offer by you to purchase the products subject to these terms and conditions of sale. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your order and if Perfumista & Co accepts your offer they shall supply you, subject to availability, with the quantity and specification of products set out in your order. If Perfumista & Co accepts your offer they shall confirm each order on-line via the internet or by e-mail and such confirmation shall be Perfumista & Co.’s acceptance of the contract between the parties.
4. Personal Data. Perfumista & Co is registered under, and will process your personal data in accordance with, data protection legislation. Any personal data that is provided to Perfumista & Co in the course of any transaction with you (with the exception of any credit card details which shall be kept confidential) shall be processed in accordance with Perfumista & Co.’s general terms and conditions of use of the Site.
5. Delivery. All products will be delivered to the address that you register on the payment page. We may, at our discretion, cancel and refund orders where the registered name and/or address differs from the desired delivery name and/or address. All risk of damage to or loss of the products shall pass to you at the time of delivery even if the products have not been received by you in person. Any times quoted for delivery are approximate only and Perfumista & Co shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the products howsoever caused. Postage & packing charges are passed on at cost, you should select your correct delivery zone from the drop down menu. If you select the wrong geographical zone we reserve the right to amend your order and charge you / refund you accordingly.
6. Cancellation and Returns Perfumista & Co wants you to be totally satisfied with the products and allow a 7 day ‘cooling off’ period from the day you receive the goods. During this period you can notify us that you wish to cancel your contract with us and a FULL refund be given upon return of the goods to us, including any original delivery charges. Perfumista & Co will confirm any cancellation by email and will repay to you the cost of the products within 30 days from receipt of your cancellation. In order to obtain the refund the goods must be returned to us. Please enclose a copy of your order confirmation and your reasons for return. In order to be returned goods must be sealed within their original packaging as supplied. Once the packaging has been opened this will be considered as acceptance of the order and that the cooling off period is no longer applicable.
We will not refund return postage costs unless the products are faulty. You may not cancel or return your order if it is for:
(a) Products, the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by Perfumista & Co;
(b) Products which are made to your specifications or clearly personalized;
(c) Products which been manufactured / purchased / imported by Perfumista & Co especially to fulfil large order quantities, sales of products purchased in bulk (i.e. 6 or more units of one item) are final;
(d) Products which have been used;
(e) Products which have been removed from their packaging or which have been unsealed by you;
(f) Goods deemed by the government that by their very nature they cannot be returned include all consumable items; food, perfumes, cosmetics and toiletries. These items cannot be returned for either a refund or exchange. This includes items to which you may have a personal allergy, you are advised to test new products on your skin as legally Perfumista is not allowed by law to accept back any comestible items due to health and safety restrictions and the possibility of tampering. This policy complies with current legislation and does not affect your statutory rights.
7. Limitation of Liability Perfumista & Co.’s liability to you is limited to refunding the price of the products as provided. Perfumista & Co is not responsible to you to any greater extent and in particular is not liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (including without limitation financial loss such as loss of profit, or otherwise) that you may incur as a consequence of its failure to comply with these terms and conditions of sale. For the avoidance of doubt nothing in these terms and conditions of sale shall serve to exclude or limit Perfumista & Co.’s liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by Perfumista & Co.’s negligence or the negligence of its officers or employees.
8. Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Sale. Our terms and conditions of sale may be changed. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use the Site after a change has been made you are deemed to have accepted it.
9. Law and Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising in relation to the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If any of these terms or conditions of sale should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. Comments and Complaints If you have any comments or complaints to make about purchases made through the Site please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. We reserve the right under the Sale of Goods Act 1970 to refuse service. Items are offered as an invitation to treat. A payment received that is refunded is not an accpetance of the intention to create a legal relationship.